Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:09:03 -0500
I think the point being missed here by one of the posters is that if the
feedline is really excellent....like the 1/2 inch Heliax, or perhaps 450 ohm
transmitting ladder line, or less radically, perhaps Times Microwave
LMR-400, the losses in the feedline are trivial, no matter the mis-match.

Then having the tuner in the shack is extremely handy, and results, as
indicated, in only trivial losses.

Of course, if one is using 20 year old RG-58, then most of the power will go
away in the feedline, if it doesn't melt first.

So lets be sure we compare apples to oranges.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ