Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to computer ---direct--- how?
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:05:24 -0400
John.. and the group

JOY!!!!

I had to "add the IP" into another box to get the thing to stick.

but now, I have control over the omni VII and it seems to work..
Can't hear anything out of the computer yet. (there's NO speaker!!)

Now, if that was the easy part, I am in deep poop trying to get this
to work over the www

I have a high speed cable modem connected to a linksys wireless
access point router.

the radio will be in the shack and connected to the wireless router
via a wireless game port (yet to be purchased)

according to the GUI instructions, I need to know what the IP of my
wireless modem is. It tried the default, but came up blank.

so.. how does one ping the wireless access and or the cable modem?

will the wireless game port have an IP address too?

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced