Re: [TenTec] Good operating (was Ten-Tec Rig Comparisons)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Good operating (was Ten-Tec Rig Comparisons)
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:43:22 -0400
I will get it.   I have one by AC6V that is pretty good, also.  There
are not many manuals like that -- you gotta pick it up watching and
listening.

I recall my first encounter with a WAS net, like Century Club or OMISS.
   They called for check-ins... and I checked in following the lead of
the guy before me.   THEN, I scrambled all over the computer, looking
for a web site, and frantically reading it, to see what the  ^%$ #  I
was supposed to do and say when it came my turn to talk - and I was like
only 13 on the list.   I listened to the other operators, and read the
web site info, and got it figured out before it was my turn to make a
call.   Whew... nothing like the sink-or-swim method.

The OMISS guys were swell on my first time with their net.  They knew I
was super green, and they all called me, and I picked up maybe 15 or 16
states on the first night.   Man was I busy... trying to remember what
to say, write down the call info, and be ready for the odd caller that
actually asked me for more than a reception report.  I am sure they
remembered their first time out.

On 4/30/2010 5:38 PM, Bill Rowlett wrote:

> Everybody,  who operates HF MUST READ THE COMPLETE DX'ER
by Bob Locher, W9KNI.