Re: [TenTec] Orion resets at every power up

To: "'N4PY2'" <n4py2@earthlink.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion resets at every power up
From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 21:06:04 +0700
There's a battery? Who'd have thought. I know it says battery failure when
doing a RAM clear but had assumed (ha) it was just a way of saying that the
process had taken place. Maybe standard device text.

So where is the battery? Not on the CPU/DSP board. What is it's function?
Which schematic is it on? Coin cell? What expected life? Hopefully changing
requires no special procedure. Who knows? Questions questions??!!

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED