Re: Topband: FT8 qrm

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 qrm
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:50:14 -0700
So what's the protocol when a CW man checks a frequency, hears nothing, sends a couple of QRL? and hears nothing and begins to run stations.  Then sometime later a guy running an imaginary mode...oops...sorry, FT8 shows up and wants to park on the CW man's frequency?  Who is to blame?  I'll answer my own question: the FT8 guy who is QRMing an occupied frequency.

Besides the FT8 guys can always resort to JTAlert to QSO via text messaging as one west African station apparently tried to do with me.

Wes  N7WS