Re: Topband: FT8 qrm

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 qrm
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 07:59:34 -0500
Tim is correct.

Also, when you do operate most digital modes today (FT8, RTTY, JT65, etc),
it is 50/50 if you even have the volume turned up as you are focusing on
the waterfall.  Heck, even when I do RTTY, I usually just watch the cross
hairs on the simulated scope since that is the way I grew with RTTY.

The point is that hams own the spectrum and they get to do with it what
they choose within the limits of their license.  Worldwide.

No one makes you use any mode you don't want to.  Spin the dial.  Move on.
Life is too short.

Mike va3mw