Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:44:50 -0700
Maybe so, I could be wrong. But my experience has been with RG142 which I had a bunch of at one time. In the AZ sunshine the jacket cracked and I had a mess of tarnished silver on my hands. And if you pigtail this stuff and try to seal it, nothing wants to stick.

(In my location where I run cable on the ground instead of digging trenches in the desert that will show for 100 years, I have a choice of rattlesnakes or pack rats. I try to leave the snakes alone to keep the rats down, but when they come into the garage, they have to go and we have a rat problem. I tried cats, but the coyotes and owls like them. So it's Heliax to the rescue.)