[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:06 2003
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:21:04PM +0000, Bill Olson wrote:

> Hi all, Well, this is TRUE! But the same holds for moving stations up the
> band - a common practice on VHF that NEVER occurs on HF - , and the signals

Moving stations (especially multipliers) from one band to another happens
all the time in HF contests.

> often get WEAKER as one QSY's up, and often the antennas are on the SAME
> mast! To me that seems OK, but it's exactly the same as prearranged skeds as
> far as the above argument goes....

Except that the time and effort to figure out who the station is and where
they are and where they are going to be is done during the contest period,
using radio.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops