[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds
From: W2fca@cs.com (W2fca@cs.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:06 2003
>     For instance, if I'm in EM10 and I hear a weak signal to the northeast
>on two meters, maybe I get the callsign OK and I hear that the grid square
>is EM32 or maybe EM52.  I'm not sure.  It may take several repeats for me
>to get it.  "Rogers" are a lot easier to distinguish than the difference
>between 32 and 52.  If I'm on a sked and I hear the other station in the
>exact same circumstance, I already know his grid square, I might even
>already know the exact to-the-degree beam heading to peak him up.

True, but if I in FN22 hear a signal to my SW and hear "Georgia  Pa" odds are
it will be K8GP and I already know their call and six digit grid from last
year as they know mine. I still won't log it til the info gets passed.
Besides, with a callbook program you can get the grid and location from the
call anyway.

Frank
W2FCA