Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

To: VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:59:02 -0400
Phew!

If you're concerned about how folks use a word, just don't use it and just say what you want to say, even if that takes a few more words. As you can see, quotation marks do not make things any clearer. Besides, Ev, quotation marks are used to indicate the alternative meaning of a word, not the literal meaning. Now that's bickering! Complain about that! :)

Ok, so I understand that you want to make it mandatory to submit electronic logs in order to make the results available as quickly as possible, and you're willing to exclude people who have to rely on technology that is so "5-minutes ago". Heck, half the technology we use in hamradio is at least from "15 minutes ago".

I don't understand why you insist on being so exclusive to the rest of world who may not have the same privies as we enjoy. I guess I was hoping you would put a bit more thought into how you could include folks who can only submit paper logs. Even at half the average age of the ham population in the US, I guess I'm part of the old breed.

Besides, you don't have to wait until the rules change to to take advantage of electronic logging.....simply submit the scores to the 3830 list and you'll get a pretty good idea of what's going on.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com