Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports
From: Alex <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:13:53 -0400
George Fremin III wrote:

> - ie. the VHF contester can be quite isolated
> by the nature of propagation.

...and by location, location, location, if there's nothing else but LOS propagation. Down here near Charleston, SC it gets really lonely during a VHF contest when there are no openings.

But I agree with George, I have yet to encounter a fellow contester who would not share knowledge when asked. And if there's some "secrecy", then it is mostly about how certain rules are bend (spotting arrangements for instance).

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com