[VHFcontesting] real time contest scoring

To: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] real time contest scoring
From: Dan <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:59:35 -0500
It's an interesting concept.

I know it's a bit of a thrill when working some of the HF contests that use a "serial number" in the exchange. Knowing when you work a station that is well behind you, or as is more often here, working one that is a thousand Q's ahead! Of course, working in something similar in a VHF contest you would end up with an exchange worse than HF sweepstakes.

Maybe one day in the future when we all have broadband full time Internet connections with direct link to Log Book of the World which automatically scores the contest, prints the certificates, and orders the plaques.....

Rovers? Well, we could use an APRS link to keep us on the 'net...

Back to prepping for another "mini" Rover trip...

73
Dan
PS. I am working on "modernizing" the Plans lists on the Rover Resource Page. Will post an announcement when I get it ready!

K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  http://www.qsl.net/n9rla
List Administrator for:  InHam+grid-loc+ham-books