Re: [VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions EXCEPT the 30 Q Limit

To: w2ev@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions EXCEPT the 30 Q Limit
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:05:50 -0500
Your first proposed rule doesn't do anythi8ng to address the Lunchbox
Brigade.  It would leave them totally unaffected and I'm not sure what the
goal is with this.  So what if you start fresh at each new grid?  How is
that any better than the multiplier system under which we currently
function?  It seems like a change for the sake of change and little more.

As to the second, again, I don't get it.  It might cut down on the Lunchbox
Brigade's operation, but more than likely not.  They would just make sure
they were more careful in planning who went to which side of the street and
when.

The 30/50 solution is a good one.  I'm totally in favor of it.  Its simple
and doesn't require a new learning curve for most of us.  It still allows
packs to rove with only a minor change.  They may have to chose whether or
not to cut off QSOs or enter as Unlimited Rovers.  My guess is that there
will be VERY few rovers who are faced with that choice and the ones who are,
need to realize that they are essentially a multi-op station and live with
what that means.

73
Steve
K4GUN/r