Re: [VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions EXCEPT the 30 Q Limit

To: w2ev@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions EXCEPT the 30 Q Limit
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:40:05 -0500
Well, I appreciate the efforts, but I don't see how they do any of that.  As
a rover, I'm sure you are aware that we generally don't have the same
incentives as base stations.  Our operating conditions are very different.
What is not different is that multi-op stations operate on a different plane
of existence as single operators.  With rovers, its been difficult to define
what is a multi-op group and what is a single station.  That's why the
VUAC's solution seems so simple and brilliant to me.  It defines that
distinction.

What the proposed rules do not do is limit anything.  It simply defines
"Unlimited" in a way that keeps the multi-op guys from being in the same
group as the rest of us.  Rather than limiting routes, defining operating
plans or requiring new scoring systems, the VUAC just said if you make more
than 30 contacts with another single rover or if more than 50% of your total
contacts are with rovers in general, you are defined as a multi-operator
rover and you'll be scored against similar stations.

The next time you rove, I'll bet you end up appreciating the sheer
simplicity of the new VUAC proposed rules.  I'll also be that you'll be glad
you don't have to select one single operating location per grid nor that
you'll have to ignore stations that you hear while driving through a grid
you have already activated.

73
Steve
K4GUN/R