Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule 3.3.1....

To: VHF Contesting email <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule 3.3.1....
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:17:49 -0400
OK.

I see my mistake in my reply.

What I am referring to that the unlimitited rover DOES not cover is that
if you have MORE than two operators, you can only use ONE call still
even if it is NOT a group effort.

I am thinking a "ROVER BUS' as Nate calls it where the vehicle
transports more than one operator and EACH operator uses their personal
call separate from everyone else. Be it a club effort or an individuals
effort to help arrange transport.

Example:
a) you have 35 operators with their own personal equipment brought along
   all transported by ONE vehicle be it RV, bus, semi.
b) Each operator uses their personal call with said equipment to make
   contacts in each grid stopped in.
c) Any of said operators can be the driver of vehicles.
d) said operators logs can be applied to a club score for Club
   Competition scoring.
e) equipment CANNOT be shared between stations if used by original
   station.

That is what I am asking about.

I hope that clarifies what I am referring to.

All I am really wanting to do is save gas, money, and to maybe
entice a few new operators that might not give it a try otherwise.
I hear that people are starting to not be able to afford to rover,
this may help. I can understand this now as I am currently out on
workers comp and haven't seen a paycheck in three weeks or the
first comp check.

I know what is probably going to be said:
a) this would encourage 'manafactured' contacts
b) more grid circling
c) if they can't afford to 'rover', they should stay home or find
   a club station/group to work with

James W8ISS
=====