[TowerTalk] Opening Steel Hardwre AFter 15 Years

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opening Steel Hardwre AFter 15 Years
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 23:00:44 -0500
I had not seen it either.  Then again, I'm about as far as an "experienced hand" as you can get.  But one of the towers I put up out here in 2018 exhibited that unscrewing thing right before my eyes...

It was just on one guy, one tower leg, one of the 3 towers that went up that day.  We were roughing in the tower trim so I'm not sure how we were set for "under tension" at the moment but they were not slack.  I suppose it must have just been the rare combo of that specific guy, the bit of wind, the angle, the turnbuckle and whatever else - or maybe just some luck.  Seeing it made a believer out of me though.

Would not say it's going to happen often based on my ultra limited experience - but I'm convinced after seeing it once with my eyes - guys who don't use a safety wire are definitely walking on the wrong side of the risk road given it's so damned easy to thread something in there to prevent it.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com