Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 07:50:24 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) wrote:

> You should be penalized because you didn't verify that they had your
> call correctly.  Typo's into the log will never work out right with the
> penalty rule, but the idea is that each contact is an accurate *2 way*
> exchange of information.  You have 2 responsibilities during the
> exchange - that you copy his info correctly, and you make sure he copies
> your info correctly.
>
> 73 de Al, KE1FO

There is an unknown here which I would have no control over.  The op at
the other end may very well have copied my call correctly but typed it
wrong.  I've done it myself.  I did it on Field Day this year a couple
times, but fortunately I corrected it mid-contest. But at 6 AM after being
awake for 24 hours, I tend to get a little hazy and things like that
happen.

This didn't happen so much when paper logs were in use. I'm not
recommending that we return to paper logging, I just want to make the
point that an error can creep in this way.

73, Zack W9SZ