Re: [RTTY] [Bulk] ROS policeman on 14101

To: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [Bulk] ROS policeman on 14101
From: "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:58:56 -0500
Problem is some people run software to copy the beacons to track
propagation. I normally avoid 14.100 +/- and the JT area at 14076,
the JT can be weak and you don't know it's there if you're not running
the software. The JT guys usually won't complain if they have a bit of
room to work and if things get really busy they move to the WARC bands,
they know they may not be heard.

It's very dangerous territory above 14.100, HFlinkers
claim 14.100.5, Winlink is all over the place with Pactor and now ROS.
ROS ops have been known to test new software versions during
contests to prove how robust their mode is, not just RTTY contests
either. Tread lightly, you're dealing with some enormous egos and
an over abundance of arrogance with this lot. During WPX I watched
a Winmor station come up and crush at least 5 RTTY signals, this was
below 14.100 too.....they're everywhere. Sorry hot button thing here,
rant over.

Ron
K0IDT