Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW High Rates

To: Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW High Rates
From: Andy Blank <andyn2nt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 15:07:55 -0500
Guys, the bar was set in the last few years. There have been a number of
stations running dual pileups already.
There were videos last year of TO7A, but he had other issues that led to
disqualification.

I didn't mention it in my comments, but I also did dual pileups in CQWW.
The same way, with 2 computers.
But I did not practice it like Dan and Jose did.
Which is why I don't have as many qsos :)
I only did it for a few hours, then reverted back to old habits.
But I didn't have the optimal setup for it ergonomically.

There is an art to it, and Dan has showed that it takes a very special
skill.
I doubt I will ever get that good, but it can be improved on like any other
radio skill.
Practicing with MorseRunner was a very clever thing.

I think it's good for the game to have these new ideas, and if you want to
compete at the highest levels you know what you have to do.

73, Andy N2NT/V47T