Re: [RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>, "Jerry Flanders" <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:09:52 -0600
The optimal number of repeats is situational.  Give you a couple of
examples...

If you are S&P, you may want to consider a couple; and if you are running,
then a single may be fine.  Because as a runner, you are sending the state
frequently and there is a good chance that the S&P side of the Q may see
your exchange from the prior and have that as a confrimation.

If you are running QRP, have a lousy antenna or some other weak source
signal condition - you will be doing a lot of repeats compared to a guy
running a stack and power.

QRN is a factory - lower band operation, especially in the summer, is going
to result in more band noise prompting for more repeats.

There are other factors, but I would have to be with Bill on this one - two
is a good number generally speaking.  I run 2 "KS" in my S&P, and unless the
band is in exceptional shape, two "KS" in run mode as well.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie