Re: [RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Take Two RTTY Exchange
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:33:40 -0800
On 1/15/2012 8:14 PM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
>   When S&P, there is no reason you should ever have
> to send the callsign of the run station you are working.
When I'm running, I want to verify two things from the calling station:

1. He's working me and not another station on the frequency that I can't
hear.

and

2. That he has my callsign correct.

Unless the calling station sends my call at some point, how would I
verify the above?

Here's how I like it when I'm running:

ME:    CQ TEST W6WRT W6WRT CQ
HIM:    K1XX K1XX K1XX (or only twice if condx good, never just once)
ME:    K1XX 599 <EXCH> <EXCH> K1XX
HIM:    W6WRT 599 <EXCH> <EXCH> K1XX
ME:    K1XX TU W6WRT CQ

There is some redundancy in the above, but during a busy contest when
often there are several stations on the same frequency, some redundancy
is a necessity, IMO. Otherwise you are likely to log the wrong station.

73, Bill W6WRT