Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:10:43 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/4/2014 4:54 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:
The tactic that has worked best for me is to find the
station the DX is working, then find a clear frequency near the edge of the
mini-pileup within the pileup, and send my call three times, repeating the
call until the DX comes back to me or somebody else.

REPLY:

That tactic works with QYF as well.

What you're doing is looking for the station he's working, not his original CQ frequency. Doesn't matter if it's conventional split or QYF. Works both ways.

73, Bill W6WRT