Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 19:54:26 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/4/2014 5:43 PM, km9m-zig@comcast.net wrote:
Personal opinion:
Changing the "pileup procedure" will be useless.
The problem is a lack of ethics for the lids creating the mess,
and with the regulatory authorities letting this mayhem continue.

REPLY:

So your solution is to do nothing and just let the mess continue? I'm offering a solution that I think will accomplish three things:

1. Jammers will no longer have the DX CQ frequency to jam, or if they do it will be pointless. 2. The non-split lids will no longer be jamming the DX, just wasting their own time and not bothering anyone. 3. The Kops will have nothing to do, nor will the lids who tell the Kops to shut up (and worse).

Sounds like pretty good solutions to me. What is YOUR solution, exactly?

73, Bill W6WRT