[SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle

Subject: [SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:39:01 -0400
On Jun 6, 2007, at 9:02 PM, John T. Laney III wrote:

> No Alabama station
> has contributed a score for SECC since the ACG was recognized as an
> affiliated club by ARRL in January.

John,

How do we know this? The only ones who definitely know who has
contributed scores to which clubs are the contest judges, and I don't
think any of the contests from January have yet posted results.

Participation in NAQP or Sprint Teams also counts as club score
contributions, and these teams are not limited by the ARRL circle.

Since the purpose of the SECC is to encourage contest participation,
this role would be fulfilled regardless of where scores are submitted
for club credit. So long as members meet the minimum requirements for
membership in good standing, we shouldn't judge the right of each
individual to decide where they want to contribute their scores.

Frankly, I don't understand this undertone of animosity toward
members of the ACG. The SECC exists to encourage contest
participation -- we should be supporting the growth of all contest
clubs.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901