[SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle

Subject: [SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle
From: lee.hiers at gmail.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 07:40:56 -0400
On 6/7/07, Bill Coleman <aa4lr at arrl.net> wrote:

> Frankly, I don't understand this undertone of animosity toward
> members of the ACG. The SECC exists to encourage contest
> participation -- we should be supporting the growth of all contest
> clubs.

I certainly have no animosity toward AL folks at all.  However, the
SECC exists primarily as a score repository, not as support for
contest clubs everywhere.  If a large chunk of our circle's population
is no longer submitting scores for the SECC, then a change in circle
should be considered.  OTOH, if our AL members continue to submit
scores for the SECC, the circle is fine where it is.  (Sorry, Jere et
al!)  It becomes stickier if *some* AL folks continue to report for us
and some don't.

The bottom line is that with the formation of the ACG things have
changed, and the definition of our circle may need to be changed
because of it.
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"