Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Voice Synthesizer Board.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Voice Synthesizer Board.
From: Thomas Kuehl via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 20:16:13 +0000 (UTC)
This is part of what John Henry posted on January 4th regarding a portion of
the new Ten Tec policies:
"A second problem in the service department is with the time technicians
spend on the telephone that quite often ends up having nothing to do with
the Ten Tec product but is some other station deficiency.  The problem here
is Ten Tec is not compensated for that time, yet Ten Tec pays wages to the
technician. When the service department resumes operation, Ten Tec will
charge the customer for any telephone call or email that consumes more than
five minutes of technician time.  That time will be billed in quarter hour
increments at the prevailing service rate."

So it appears that if your question requires more than 5 minutes of a
technician's time, you will be charged accordingly. I believe I read elsewhere
that it would be charged in 15 minute increments, at their present technician
labor rate.
It is hard to know how this will play with customers long-term, but for now
while Ten Tec is getting back on its feet the owner deems it necessary.
'73, Thomas - ac7a