Re: [TenTec] Service Polcies

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service Polcies
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:35:14 -0500
Mike, et al,

That sound like a pretty high failure rate for a relatively new radio. I'm wondering how the reliability of the newer Ten-Tec designs compares to Elecraft and the big 3 imports. I can repair my Heath gear and my older, per-microprocessor Ten Tec gear, but repairing my Paragon or Scout if I can't fix them myself, would be cost-prohibitive, if even possible, given the rate of component obsolescence. Right now, I have the minor loop board out of my Paragon (again). I think I have it fixed. Hard to believe, the Paragon is 25 years old, but my HW-100 is 46 years old and it still works great!

                73 all,

                Bob WB2VUF