Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?

To: N7KA@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:03:53 -0400
Let me calculate:

6 x 11 = 66'

64' vertical

this means the TEN overlaps occupy only 2' ?

24/10 = 2.4 inches.

I'd never put up a vertical with only 2.4" per overlap... disaster
looking to happen.

Now, if there are 12 sections with 11 overlaps:

6 x 12 = 72'
64' vertical

8' of overlap in 11 places

96/11 = about 9" per overlap.

Much safer construction, in my humble opinion.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting N7KA@comcast.net: