Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:53:17 +0000
The Texas Towers Web catalog lists all the tubing sizes with

OD, ID and for the mathematically challenged, the wall thickness.

Note that there is a small gap between adjoining sizes to allow

for telescoping.

I had about 40' of their tubing sticking out of the top of a Hy-Gain

Hy-Tower. Made a very nice 80 Meter vertical. The secret was a

length of poly rope that I epoxied at the top, and bottom, after

applying tension to the rope. I expect the same should be done to

these 66' verticals, except they will need to be guyed. Left free-

standing is an invitation to bent aluminum.

73, Dick, W1KSZ