Re: [TowerTalk] Example of typical gov waste

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Example of typical gov waste
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:25:52 -0400
On 9/11/2012 2:24 PM, Dan Schaaf wrote:
Not necessarily waste.

It costs the government more to sell it than it does to trash it. It
would be sold at less than "new" value but the paperwork chain would
cost a lot more.

Although selling does require a bit more paper work (the money trail from the sale) , there's not a great deal of difference in the length of the paper chain whether you sell it or trash it. You have to have a complete set of records from acquisition to disposal.

There is such a thing as records retention requirements. If of a personal nature IIRC you keep no more than one month. OTOH for product sales and corporate operations, with the companies where I worked it was the life of the company plus 10 years.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf