Re: [VHFcontesting] rules

To: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rules
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:31:40 -0800
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 02:06:03PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Tom Staley wrote:
> >
> > The only thing that would make it easier would be if all of the rules for a
> > given contest were in one site or document, not 2 or 3.
>
> Yeah, pretty much the only way to make this all easier is to keep the
> rules to a minimum, and in ONE place.

My understanding is that part of the reforms in contest coverage/promotion
that have already begun (see the February, 2008 QST) within the ARRL Contest
Branch will be to do just that.  The rules were originally split into three
parts (General, HF/VHF, contest-specific) mainly to save page space in QST,
and there's no reason to do that in the web presentation of the rules.  I
think it will be real soon now that the Contest Branch web site will start
displaying the rules for a contest in their entirety in one document.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com