[Towertalk] Knots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Knots
From: k3bz@arrl.net (Jerry Keller)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:22:55 -0500
I use a knot my Dad always called a "fisherman's knot"... thread the end of
the monofilament through the eye of the weight, then twist it around the
main line about 10 times, then pass the end back through the loop at the
closest point to the weight. Hold the bitter end and pull gently on the main
line, and it all snugs right up nicely, like a miniature hangman's noose,
but with the line end sticking sideways out of one end  of the knot. Then I
clip off all abut 1/2" of the end. When I was a kid my Dad and I used this
way of attaching hooks, lures, snap swivels, etc to monofilament for many
years and never had one come undone. Now I can say the same for the weights
on my EZHang slingshot.  73,  Jerry K3BZ