[Karlnet] Karlnet clients & APs

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Karlnet clients & APs
From: "hfl-lists" <hfl-lists@stormcrows.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:54:34 -0500
I have not seen an exhaustive list of KarlNet clients and APs listed.. It is
probably out there somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Here is what I know is available:

KarlNet firmware works on:

Orinoco AP-500
Orinoco AP-1000
Orinoco COR & ROR (same hardware as the AP-1000?)
Orinoco RG-1000/RG-1100

and supports the following radio cards:

Orinoco 802.11b
Prism2 chipset radios (Teletronix, others?)

also, client software is available to run on Win32 & Linux platforms that
supports the same radios as the firmware does.

So this leads to a few questions:
- what other hardware does KarlNet currently support for firmware?
- what hardware is KarlNet working on supporting (the newer Orinoco APs like
the AP-2000 ?)
- what are the plans for 802.11a & 802.11g support?  Orinoco seems to be
using the AP-2000 to do this...
- what other CPE's support KarlNet

I know that support for new hardware such as the AP-2000 is kinda sorta up
to Agere.. I assume at some point they will want an upgrade to their
COR-1100 and that would be an AP-2000 hardware w/ new firmware, written by
KarlNet ?????