Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:17:23 -0700
On 01/31/2014 08:37 AM, Chris Plumblee wrote:

I've never been to the Caribbean and had to make the choice of whether to
identify after every qso myself, but there is an easy solution that doesn't
involve a bunch of hand-wringing just one function key away. Call the other
station, copy their report, and instead of sending your report, send "CL?".

No DX station has ever refused to send their call when asked, in my
experience,

You need more experience !

All too often the exchange goes like this:

CQ2LID: TU
N2IC: N2IC
CQ2LID: N2IC 5NN A4
N2IC: CL ?
CQ2LID: TU

CQ2LID has already worked me on 3 other bands, and his log prefills my Zone 4 exchange. No need for him to wait for me to actually send it.

My solution to this...QSY ! I don't know his call, so I have nothing to log. He gets what he deserves - a NIL. Loses that QSO and 3 penalty QSO's (for CQWW).

73,
Steve, N2IC