Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: "'Toivo Hallikivi'" <toivo.hallikivi@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: "Christian Schneider" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:24:22 +0100
>How do you think this new rule is going to impact the QRP’ers and small
>pistols with weak signals? Imagine a situation when there are 4 >callers, one
>of them being a QRP-guy. The DX-op would normally work the 4 guys without
>ID-ing, including the QRP-guy.

As a QRP-op my experience says "No" to your assumption. A running station that
refuses to identify for three qsos will be called by the fifth and sixth
impatient stations while the qrp-station will still be without success. That is
what I experience all the time, your mileage may vary. While in QRP it is even
worse to loose time waiting for someone to identify. If you want to be
successful you will normally NOT call again and again wasting time when there
are several others calling for the running station, but you will put the call -
once you have it - in your bandmap and come back later.

It is simply unfair to accelerate one's rate at the expense of others having to
wait on the frequency. Btw I'm quite sure that the non-IDing stations collect
awful numbers of dupes.

Oh, and it is up to the organizer to make a rule as well as the sanctions
imposed. Did you read anything that a DQ is mandatory?

73, Chris DL8MBS