Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:37:23 -0500
+1

I've never been to the Caribbean and had to make the choice of whether to
identify after every qso myself, but there is an easy solution that doesn't
involve a bunch of hand-wringing just one function key away. Call the other
station, copy their report, and instead of sending your report, send "CL?".

No DX station has ever refused to send their call when asked, in my
experience, particularly when they can't log your QSO without risking a
NIL. Sometimes the other guy is already in my log. I don't feel bad about
calling in anyway; the other station took the risk of this very situation
occurring by choosing not to Identify.

Worst case scenario, the other station is a dupe for me. I minimized my
wait time in the pileup and made the most efficient choice I could. Best
case scenario it's a new qso, and the rest of the pile gets to hear the DX
station's call.

73, Chris WF3C