Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?

To: Duncan Fisken <radiog3wzd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?
From: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:23:49 -0500
I feel honest RST is extremely important, because one ought to want to know
if his station is having problems so he can get on the case. But if in
contests it has become a formality, then I would prefer to send power level
so people can know how powerful a weak or strong station really is. For
instance, if a guy is really weak, I may think my antenna or receiver isn't
working, but in reality the guy may be operating QRP. It also lets us learn
differences in signals from different areas and different power levels so
we can know how much advantage an amp may provide, and make an educated
decision whether to use it and how much to put out.

I recall there is one contest that requires that, but think would be good
for all, if you aren't taking RST seriously, anyway.

GL

Barry WA2VIU

--
Barry Jacobson