Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?

To: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?
From: K4Sbz Stan <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:26:58 +0000

 When I am contesting I don’t want to be slowed down by having to give an
honest signal report. My eyes are not on the S-meter when the station is
sending. I am busy typing in his call sign and exchange. Besides, his signal
report to me may be poor because of local noise at his site. Who knows what his
receiving conditions are or how good his antenna is? And I don’t want to be
slowed down by having to fill in a 5-8 report instead of 5-9.

If I want to know what my signal strength is, I can I’ll find out during a
non-contesting QSO when I can determine what the other op’s station is like.

Determining actual signal strength and contesting are like oil and water.

Stan K4SBZ