Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:38:43 -0600
On 11/17/2023 10:26 AM, K4Sbz Stan wrote:
  When I am contesting I don’t want to be slowed down by having to give an
honest signal report.

My very vague recollection is that, back in the 60's and early 70's, we DID send real signal reports in DX contests. I remember two operators puzzling over whether a UA9 sent 559 or 569 on 80 meters, not that there was any real log checking back then. I was inactive for a few years, but when I got back on the air in 1989, everyone sent 5NN. Does anyone remember when that changed?

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA