Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RST?
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 15:51:49 +0100
So, several of us are in agreement that the RS(T) serves a starter
function, The contest could state that the exchange is "Alert CQ-Zone"
where QSL, RR, TU, 59(9) or even RSG could be the Alert or Sync phrase.
Anything other than "please copy."

I like TU. It's short and works for CW or SSB. The running station doesn't
need it because they will start the QSO with the S&P callsign.

CQ Test KK9A KK9A
K4SBZ
K4SBZ 4
TU 5
K4SBZ TU KK9A QRZ?

Another option is to have no start or sync, but to have the exchange be
"Zone Zone" .... Give the zone twice. If the first one is cut off, the
second one is available. It also validates the zone in case of QRM, QRN or
QSB. This would result in fewer repeats and smaller number of non-matching
exchanges.

All of this, of course, requires the agreement of many sponsors to make
such a change. Experience is that there is almost no coordination amongst
the sponsors and none of them want to take the lead on what would be a
drastic change of the status quo.

Stan, K4SBZ