Re: [Karlnet] 100 mW PRISM 2.5 cards do not report signal or noise w/TC.

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] 100 mW PRISM 2.5 cards do not report signal or noise w/TC...
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 05:47:46 -0700
Ok, but with one clarification, _both_ signal and noise are not reported
correctly.  It would be very nice if TC could read the card, or a firmware
fix could make it so.  Do you know the status of other PRISM 2.5 card as to
this reporting problem, ie; the Mikrotik 250mW cards?   Do they report the
signal/noise levels correctly to TC?   If so, then it's a matter of getting
the card manufacturer's firmware to adhere to this standard.   I wonder if
Doug could chime in here to confirm that this is a firmware problem with the
card?   Does Karlnet have a fix for this card?

Norm